COVID-19 threw a lot of businesses and not for profits into a work-from-home frenzy. Figuring out which video conferencing platforms to use, which computers to use and how to actually lead and have "togetherness" when we're not together.
This article "Managing remote employees: 7 tips and best practices" has some tips to follow. I'm going to give you the headers but the article goes into greater detail about the "how tos" and further things to consider while leading your staff through remotely.
1) Understand common teleworking challenges
2) Set clear remote work productivity standards
3) Identify and provide the right tools
4) Set aside specific days, times and methods for team interaction
5) Follow up with remote employees regularly
6) Create a video or tip sheet with other remote employees' suggestions
7) Remember, remote doesn't mean cheaper
Check out the full article here: Managing remote employees: 7 tips and best practices, from Insperity
Nonprofit Quarterly is offering a webinar about Tech Policies for Virtual Teams - A Leaders Responsibility on September 24, 2020. "This webinar, in partnership with Tech Impact, will explain the ins and outs of the main policies that govern technology use, data security, bring your own device, and remote work."
What are your favorite tools for managing teams remotely?
Our CCFP Roundtable Conference in November will have sessions addressing elements of this issue, learn more about the conference and register! https://www.ccfproundtable.org/2020conference