NAFCC provides comprehensive (and easy to read!) FAQ about Build Back Better
The National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC) listens to not only the needs of family child care but the questions too. In response to the questions NAFCC has been hearing from the family child care community, they published this "Build Back Better Plan Frequently Asked Questions."
Here are the questions answered:
1) What on earth is this?
2) Why is NAFCC Supporting this?
3) Is this additional dollars to the Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG)?
4) Is the federal government going to tell me how to run my program?
5) They're saying parents won't pay more than 7% of their income on child care. But I set my rates?
6) Will I have to meet standards? Will those standards be right for family child care?
7) Will I have to get bachelor's degree?
8) What is an entitlement? What does that mean?
9) More families will be eligible and served - what does that mean? How will I find families?
10) Public funding for preK has really hurt child care in my state because they don't recognize that I'm an expert too, and children are learning in my program.
11) I'm worried that my governor won't apply.
More on Build Back Better